Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 December 2010

Snow Joke

Sorry there was no post on Sunday but I forgot and as for yesterday...

I was one of the people you heard about being stuck in their car, I left for school a little earlier than normal as I thought the traffic might be slow. I ran into a blizzard and was advised to turn round and head home (See picture for my view for approx 8 hours). What a mistake. I was there for ever so long and finally got home at 10:35 pm. Sat outside Denny (near Falkirk) for most of the time. Only exciting thing was getting to walk on the Motorway. No cars moving at all. It was cold and I was tired but apart from that all is well.

On this day in 1941 Japanese planes bombed Pearl harbour. Within two hours, six battleships had been sunk, another 112 vessels sunk or damaged, and 164 aircraft destroyed. Only chance saved three US aircraft carriers, usually stationed at Pearl Harbor but assigned elsewhere on the day.

Pearl Harbor united an outraged American nation behind President Roosevelt and behind the war against Japan.