Search This Blog

Sunday 29 November 2009

Home again


Hello all

Well I am back safe and sound, I was pretty tried after a day travelling yesterday so I never had time to post anything.

I had a great time in the Spanish capital although I never got to see much of it. Still at least it gives me an excuse to go visit my friends again so I can see more of it next time.

One thing I did see was the Bernabéu when I passed it in the bus on Thursday night. According to FIFA, Real Madrid FC was the world's most successful football club in the 20th century. Their stadium is called Bernabéu, and it is located in Chamartín, in the North of Madrid. It has a capacity of 85,000 spectators. Tonight is el classico when they take on their Catalan rivals Barcelona. This rivalry is one of the fiercest in the world and some fans still use the Spanish Civil War to justify their hatred of one another. It's a shame that politics and football get mixed up so often but it goes to show that other countries have issues separating the two just as we do here in Scotland. No matter who you support tonight (I prefer Braca for the record) lets hope it is a good game and there is no trouble.
Have a good day off tomorrow.
See you in Class!